Friday, April 30, 2010

Individual Presentations--Day Five

James--entertained and informed us with his very highbrow presentation of what he has been working with in regards to the tempest all semester. He wrote this quote on the board, "If I thought my answer were for one who might return to the world, this flame would return without further movement. But as none ever did return alive form this depth, without fear or infamy, I answer thee." (T.S. Eliot from The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock). He spoke about Caliban as Cannibal. What does he eat? words, words eating words. Miranda is the art. This is not real!! Ariel is effected immortality. (see Nabokov quote at the end of Lolita)

Abby--read us the entirety of her beautiful paper about her experiences in this class. Abby, I don't know the "ins and outs" of this department either, and this is my third year..... =)

We talked today about our fifty point final exam for this course. I'm not sure what it's going to be about as most of the stuff we wrote on the board were broad concepts. If past experiences with final tests in Sexson's classes can be trusted, however, READ THE BLOGS!!! I'll see you all on Wednesday......and hopefully by then I will no longer be limping to class.

No comments:

Post a Comment